Thursday, June 27, 2013

Two Years

Two years ago Madeline was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

 Two years ago I started blood sugar testing and giving Madeline multiple daily injections.

Two years ago I cried so hard I thought my tear ducts would run dry.

Two years ago I wondered how I would survive taking care of a diabetic toddler.

Two years ago I felt there was no one who could possibly understand our diabetic life.

Two years later Madeline is on an insulin pump.

Two years later I sometimes cry, but prefer silent swearing and finger actions.

Two years later I wonder how I will survive taking care of a crazy pre-schooler.

Two years later Madeline has a playdate with a little friend that is diabetic and wears an insulin pump.

Two years later there is still a long road ahead of us.  We could choose to drive in the slow lane and let life pass us by, or grab the map, hit the gas and see where this road takes us.


Buckle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment