Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Day In My Shoes

There seems to be a trend happening around me these days.  Puppies.  I now have 2 friends that have taken on the challenge of becoming puppy owners.  These wonderful people have full time jobs, teenage children, and a hectic schedule around their kids sports. 

They must be out of their minds.

They also want to know when I will be getting a puppy.

I was the last of our friends to have kids.  Had we been able to have kids when we wanted, I too would have teenagers right now, and would probably be jumping on the puppy wagon.  As my life is now,  I have just cleared the potty training, babygates, and "I can't leave you alone for more than 5 seconds" stages.  My dear friends have not had these moments in their life for quite a few years, and apparently have missed them.  As I said, they must be out of their minds.

I am a mom to a 4 and 7 year old.  I work outside the house.  I am a full time pancreas.   

Walk a day in my shoes (if the puppy hasn't already chewed on them), and tell me to get a dog.

I love dogs, I really do.  We had Sydney for almost 13 years, and I still get a tear in my eye for him.  Someday I will be ready for another dog.  Just not yet.

For now, our cat will have to do.  Gracie may not fetch a ball, lick our faces, or be man's best friend, but she sure is the life of the party.
Meow.
 




 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment