Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Silver Fox

I am going to take the first step in admitting I have been in denial.......I can no longer keep such a deep, dark secret.  Well technically it's not really deep, it's right on top for the world to see, and it's not dark, it is really a pretty shade of silver.

Hi, my name is Suzanne, and I have a gray hair.

Wow, I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders!  That should really help my lower back that has been having spasms for the last week.

Two weeks ago I noticed my first official gray hair.  At first I thought it was just an unruly highlighted blond hair waving at me, but upon further inspection, I could see silver right down to my scalp.  You can imagine my extreme horror at this incredible discovery.

I have two questions for this unwelcome visitor:  First, why did you choose to pop out at the top of my forehead, and second, why are you so such a strong little hair?  I have had thin, fly away hair my whole life, but you, little gray friend, are quite thick and stubborn.

As a woman, I needed to hear some encouragement, so I shared my secret with my loving husband.  I'm not sure if being called "The Silver Fox" is exactly what I was looking for, but I'm sure he meant well.

I called my wonderful hairstylist  immediately, and  walked out of the salon feeling like a new woman.

Can you believe that damn silver hair survived bleach, foil and a hairdryer?  Curse you little hair.

Out came the scissors, and with just one little snip, The Silver Fox is no more.

Now that the gray hair is gone, my back spasms stopped, and I can once again walk in an upright position.

Maybe the that was the root of my problem.............

   


No comments:

Post a Comment