Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let It Snow!

Rick and I are snowmobilers.  We love snow.  We love winter and watching the snow totals add up.  The more snow the better.  Bring it on!

Winters in Southeastern Wisconsin are pretty unpredictable, so we trailer our sleds to Northern WI or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  We've been doing this for many years and every trip is just as fun as the very first one. 

I've only missed 2 snow seasons all these years: Sophia and Madeline. Yep, prego.  Somehow bouncing down a trail, in the middle of the woods 7 months pregnant, didn't sound so fun.  So I took one for the team, and stayed home.

This snow season, I am once again faced with the reality, I may not be able to ride.

Madeline's medical needs are not something I can just put on a To Do list for someone else.  Rick and I live with diabetes in our life everyday, and we are still learning.  It's a  tremendous amount of responsibility and not for the faint of heart.  Madeline's life depends on it.

So what's a mom to do?  Get your helmet Madeline, you're coming with mommy and daddy!  How bad could it be? (please don't answer that)

We won't know until we try.

Madeline's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment